A mere five days before the application window for dispensaries and cultivation centers in Illinois opens: cities, towns, counties, and districts continue to hear from potential business owners in the medical marijuana industry. Here are a few of the recent and upcoming zoning proposals within the state:
- A Fulton County resident was granted a zoning certificate from the city of Vermont. http://bit.ly/Z7IJZB
- The Canton City Council unanimously voted to draft a letter of support for the dispensary application of Jerry Jarnigan and Scott Miller of Canton. http://bit.ly/1r4IzIY
- Oak Forest will consider a request for a special-use zoning permit to open a dispensary at 15300 Cicero Ave. http://bit.ly/1r4IEwg
- The mayor of Worth gave her blessing for a special use zoning permit for a dispensary. The board will vote on establishing regulations and the permit on Friday. http://bit.ly/1nxzuHG
- Peter Ford, Steve Maslak and Ken Salamone of the White Oak Growers will explain their plans for a cultivation center near Manhattan to Manhattan Village Hall on Monday. http://bit.ly/1Cs9tDz
Business owners still considering areas in the state to open medical marijuana cultivation centers or dispensaries will have to hurry; the medical marijuana business proposals application deadline is Sept. 22, and each application will require a zoning permit.
Follow this link to speak with our medical marijuana consulting firm.