10 Recipes for Cannabis Edibles (That Aren’t Brownies)
Everyone knows brownies are the tried and true classic go-to for marijuana edibles. Shake things up with these 10 non-brownie recipes.
Keyword(s): marijuana edibles
It’s 2020, and the legalization of cannabis n the United States is on its way to being nationwide. There are many ways to use recreational marijuana including marijuana edibles.
There are numerous ways to consume weed including a good, old-fashioned joint, dabs, and even lotions. However, this article is here for creative ideas on marijuana edibles.
That’s right – marijuana edibles. Everyone who smokes weed probably knows how to make weed brownies, so we are here to bring some new, delicious recipes that will crave those munchies and get you to the level of high you are striving for.
1) Cannabis Coffee
Marijuana edibles are also drinkable, so start your morning off right with some caffeine and THC.
First, you will need to make cannabis-infused butter.
- Ingredients for weed butter:
- 1 gram of some dank weed
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (Potency level becomes about 120mg)
- Ingredients for coffee:
- 2 cups of black coffee, freshly brewed
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted, cannabis-infused butter
- 1 blender
Now it’s time to cook.
- First, make weed butter. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind up a quarter of a gram of your dank weed, but don’t turn it into powder. Then you will need to spread it evenly on a baking sheet. Place it in the middle of the oven and leave it to cook for an hour and fifteen minutes, but make sure you stir it halfway through.
- Take it out of the oven and let the weed cool for about ten minutes.
- Now you need to melt the butter, so bring the temperature up on the stove, slowly melting the butter. It doesn’t need to be too hot since the weed has already been precooked. Slowly spoon the cannabis in as you stir.
- Keep the butter and weed on a low simmer for about 30 minutes, while stirring occasionally. DO NOT LET IT BOIL.
- Strain your melted weed butter with cheesecloth.
- Now you have weed butter! It can stay fresh in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
- As for the coffee goes, simply brew a couple cups of your favorite coffee, add your two tablespoons of weed butter (or more!), then blend it up until it’s nice and frothy.
2) Cannabutter Cinnamon Rolls
So, you’ve got your coffee, now it’s time for breakfast-inspired marijuana edibles.
If you read the first recipe, then you already know how to make cannabis butter. If you didn’t read it, well, go read it.
- Ingredients for dough:
- 1/4 an ounce of package yeast
- 1/2 a cup of warm water
- 1/2 a cup of scalded milk
- 1/4 a cup of sugar
- 1/3 a cup of weed butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 3-4 cups of flour
- Ingredients for filling:
- 1/2 a cup of weed butter, and a little more for the pan
- 3/4 a cup of sugar, and a little more for the pan
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 3/4 a cup of raisins, walnuts, or pecans (optional)
- Ingredients for glaze:
- 4 tablespoons of weed butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3-6 tablespoons of hot water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and warm water, then set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, sugar, melted weed butter, salt, and egg. Then add 2 cups of flour and mix until it’s smooth.
- Add in yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour until it becomes a doughy consistency that is easy to handle.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, then let rise for about an hour or so.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch down the dough then roll it out into a 15″ by 9″ rectangle.
- Spread the melted weed butter all over the dough.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the buttered dough.
- If you chose to use raisins, walnuts, or pecans, then sprinkle them on the dough now.
- Then, beginning with the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the dough, and then cut it into about 12-15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of your pan with weed butter and sugar.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the pan close together, then let them double in size before baking.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While they are baking, mix weed butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla together.
- Add the hot water to the mixture until it’s the desired consistency, then drizzle over the cooled rolls.
3) Spicy Chipotle Marijuana Burgers
Marijuana edibles don’t have to be sweet. Here is a great lunch idea:
- Ingredients for patty:
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of semi-lean ground beef
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1-2 cans of minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 grams of your most potent weed
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Assorted burger condiments
- Put the beef, chipotle chiles, garlic, weed, oregano, mustard, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Use clean hands to mix until evenly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into quarters, then make the quarters into patties that are about one inch thick.
- Season the outside of the patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill over a medium-high heat until cooked to desire. (About 6 minutes for medium.)
- If desired, place cheese on top during last minute of cooking, then serve on buns with favorite burger toppings.
4) Cannabis Hummus
If you need an appetizer or side to go with your marijuana edibles, then this hummus recipe will be the perfect snack.
First, you will need some cannabis-infused olive or canola oil.
- Ingredients for weed oil:
- 28 ounces of cooking oil of your choice
- 1 ounce of some dank marijuana
- Ingredients for hummus:
- 1/4 a cup of tahini
- 1/4 a cup of lemon juice
- 15 ounces can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 a cup of weed-infused oil
- 1/2 a cup of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, you will need to make your cannabis oil. Pour your oil into a saucepan at a medium heat.
- Let the oil warm up, but DO NOT LET IT BOIL.
- Add your finely ground weed to the oil, and stir for about two hours.
- After it simmers, take your cheesecloth and Tupperware to strain the oil into.
- Now it’s time for hummus. Combine your tahini and lemon juice in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Then, add chickpeas, garlic, cumin, and water to the mixture. Blend for about one minute.
- Pour your cannabis hummus into a serving bowl, or refrigerate until needed.
This hummus would also be great for parties.
5) Marijuana Meatloaf
You can even have marijuana edibles for dinner.
- Ingredients for meatloaf:
- 1 pound of ground meat of your choice
- 1 finely minced white onion
- 2 finely minced medium carrots
- 4 stalks of finely minced celery
- 1/2 a cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of melted weed butter
- 1 egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss all veggies into a food processor and blend until it’s a paste.
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until it is evenly distributed.
- Pack your meat mixture into a cooking pan to your desired deepness.
- Drizzle extra weed butter on top of meatloaf if desired.
- For pans 3-4 inches deep, check cooking after an hour.
- Let it cool, then enjoy!
6) Marijuana Sriracha
You can also spice up your marijuana edibles with a popular, cannabis-infused condiment.
You will need cannabis oil for this recipe; see the hummus recipe for directions on how to make it.
- Ingredients for Sriracha:
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- 12 hot chili peppers
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/4 a cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 a cup of weed oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cover your baking sheet in foil.
- Lay your peppers on the baking sheet and cook for ten minutes.
- Let peppers cool until you can remove the stems.
- Combine stemless peppers, garlic, weed oil, apple cider, and honey into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated for 24 hours before serving.
Marijuana edibles as condiments? That’s genius.
7) Purple Kush Kake
Time for dessert marijuana edibles.
- Ingredients for cake:
- 3/4 a cup of weed oil
- 1 box of Betty Crocker dark chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of cold milk
- 16-ounce tub of Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together cake ingredients as referenced on the boxed cake mix.
- Make sure to use the weed oil instead of regular oil, and mix it with the eggs and water.
- Bake mixture in two pans for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean from the cake.
- After cake cools, spread icing on top of one cake then add the other and top the whole masterpiece off with the remains of frosting.
8) Classic Cannabis Martini
Now it’s time to finish your day off with a few post-dinner, marijuana-infused drinks.
- Ingredients for drink:
- Cannabis-infused gin. (Let weed soak in gin for 24 hours)
- 1 cap-full of dry vermouth
- Large martini olives
- In a shaker, combine weed gin, cap-full of vermouth, and ice. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Stir, then add into your favorite glass.
Enjoy your buzz.
9) Weed Apple Cider
It’s time for fall which means it’s time for festive drinks.
- Ingredients for Cider:
- 10 apples of your choice
- 1/2 a cup of packed brown sugar
- About 3 cups of water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon of whole cloves
- 1/8 a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/8 a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 a cup of cannabis-infused alcohol
- 1 potato masher
- 1 fine mesh strainer
- 3-4 cheesecloth
- Wash and core apples.
- Quarter apples and throw into a large pot.
- Cover apples with water, then add brown sugar and other ingredients.
- Next, wrap cinnamon sticks and whole cloves into cheesecloth, and add to pot.
- Boil contents for one hour, uncovered.
- After one hour, turn heat down to low, then continue to simmer for two hours with a lid.
- After two hours, remove from heat and allow contents to cool.
- Take potato masher to smash apple mixture.
- Using a fine strainer and cheesecloth, drain apple mixture into another pot and simmer.
- Finally, drizzle your alcohol-infused liquor into your cider over a low heat.
- Sprinkle ginger and nutmeg to the final product, whether hot or cold.
This drink will last up to a week in your refrigerator.
10) Bloody Mary-juana
It is officially the morning after a wonderful day of marijuana edibles and festivities.
Now it is time for a little hangover cure.
- Ingredients for drink:
- 2 ounces of weed-infused vodka
- 4 ounces of tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green olives/celery stalk to garnish
- Combine ice, weed vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and lime in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for ten seconds, then pour into tall glass.
- Garnish with olive and/or celery stalk.
Cheers to a hangover-free morning.
If these recipes don’t have you drooling over the possibilities that marijuana edibles can offer you, we don’t know what will. Marijuana edibles are a great, creative way to consume weed.
Marijuana edibles are fun to make, and great to do with friends. With all of the stereotypes out there about potheads, make your inner chef shine like a star by showing people stoners can be exquisite taste connoisseurs.
If you are new to the game, then don’t be afraid to ask for help from a marijuana professional. These people are trained to make sure you have the best possible experience with whatever way you choose to consume your cannabis. They can even help pick out the best kind for cooking.
Spread love, awareness, and your delicious marijuana edibles to help keep making this world a better place. Leave a comment letting us know your favorite marijuana edibles recipe!
Here are some additional articles that were written by Q9 marijuana consultants: