A legalization bill for adult-use marijuana in Wyoming has been introduced and it would legalize, tax, and regulate cannabis for adults 21 and older. This is big news for Wyoming as they currently have strict laws for marijuana. They currently do not have a medical marijuana market in place and they still jail their residents for cannabis possession. It is important for Wyoming to make moves as neighboring states such as Colorado, Montana, and South Dakota all have legal marijuana markets. With that, a marijuana consultant in Wyoming can help you win a marijuana business license through the application process.
Additionally, this bill imposes a 30 percent levy on marijuana sales. A state analysis claims that the marijuana market in Wyoming would generate $30.7 million in taxes annually.
Now, let’s take a look at what marijuana business licenses are available for Wyoming.
General Requirements for Marijuana License Applications
In order to apply for a marijuana business license in Wyoming, you need to fulfill a couple of general requirements. This includes:
- You must be 21 or older to apply
- Secondly, you must be a resident of Wyoming
- Additionally, it is important to be a person of good moral character in relation to the department
- You must demonstrate financial responsibility
- Lastly, you can not be a member of the department
Now, let’s take a look at some of the requirements for specific license types. Contact our marijuana consultants in Wyoming to see if you qualify for a marijuana business license.
If you have a marijuana cultivation facility license in Wyoming, you are able to:
- Purchase weed plants and seeds from other cultivation facilities
- Cultivate, label, and package retail weed on premises approved by the board
- Transfer possession of its retail weed to marijuana secure transporters
- Sell weed to marijuana manufacturing facilities, retail marijuana stores, and other marijuana cultivation facilities
- You can not cultivate more than two thousand marijuana plants at any one time
Talk to our marijuana consultants in Wyoming about opportunities for cultivation.
Marijuana Manufacturing Facility License in Wyoming
Next, if you have a marijuana manufacturing facility license in Wyoming, you are able to:
- Purchase retail weed from a marijuana cultivation facility, or another marijuana manufacturing facility
- Manufacture, label, and package retail weed and products on the premises
- Transfer possession of retail weed and products to marijuana secure transporters
- Also, you can sell retail weed and products to retail marijuana stores and to other manufacturing facilities
Lastly, all retail marijuana products have to be prepared at a marijuana manufacturing facility.
Marijuana Secure Transporter License in Wyoming
If you have this marijuana business license in Wyoming, you can obtain retail marijuana or retail marijuana products from a marijuana establishment and transport those products to another establishment. Additionally, with this license, you must track the retail marijuana and retail marijuana products that you receive.
Marijuana Testing Facility License in Wyoming
With this license, you are able to develop, research, and test retail marijuana. Licensees must have the standard of their products with the International Organization for Standardization.
Talk to our marijuana consultants in Wyoming about how to write a successful business plan that satisfies any requirements from the department.
Marijuana Dispensary License in Wyoming
Next, if you have a marijuana dispensary license in Wyoming, you are able to:
- Purchase retail weed, immature weed plants, and seedlings from a marijuana cultivation facility
- Also, you can buy retail weed and retail weed products from a marijuana manufacturing or cultivation facility
- Receive possession of retail weed and retail weed products from marijuana secure transporters
- Sell retail weed, retail weed products, immature weed plants, flowering weed plants, and seedlings to consumers
Lastly, there are additional rules that dispensary licensees need to follow as they sell directly to the consumer. If you want to know how to open a marijuana dispensary, make sure to contact our marijuana consultants in Wyoming.
Finally, with a marijuana microbusiness license in Wyoming, you are able to:
- Cultivate no more than 150 weed plants at any one time
- Manufacture, prepare and package retail weed products produced from the plants that are made within the location of the facility
- Lastly, you can sell retail weed and retail weed products on the approved premises
In addition, you can take a closer look at the bill here.
For more information about these license types, talk to our expert cannabis consultants at Quantum 9. We have the highest success rate in the cannabis consulting industry and are eager to help cannabis entrepreneurs start cannabis businesses.